Thursday, August 25, 2011

also...

FL's mother gave us a bag containing 4 humongous porterhouse steaks (beef).  She claimed that they were "pork" and that she had no idea what to do with such an over-the-top cut of "pork" and that she figured that I was used to cooking such things so I could have them.  They had been frozen almost too long, she said, so she'd thawed them out for me and recommended I get creative.

Awesome, right?

But 4 porterhouse steaks, that's a lot.  thought about inviting guests over, calling in for back-up, we'd have a cook-out...I mean, what does a couple do with 5lbs of beef that needs to be cooked immediately?

And then I watched as FL systematically devoured 3 of them in a matter of about 30 minutes.  All I could do was watch, mouth agape, and refill his glass with Merlot.

I don't think this is normal, or heart-healthy, but I love him all the more for it.

No comments: