Wednesday, January 21, 2009

emergency, funds are reaching a dangerously low level, send aid!

however, i am incredibly well fed and so warm and this hostel is one of the best ive ever stayed in. they have a fully equipped kitchen, so after literally an hour wandering around and around the grocery store pondering how best to spend my last 15euro on enough food to last me through the weekend, i opted for pasta and salad and on-sale cheese and oranges, and i am completely content. all the fruit that i have been eating these past weeks, starting in germany and reaching a crescendo in rome has made me for the first time in my whole life actually crave sugar- but good sugar, fruit sugar! v. happy.
so tomorrow i go to the farm and make cheese, i cannot wait! ill blog asap. everyone in my hostel is totally confused by my daily schedule of farming and stuff, and even more confused by the fact that i have to wake up at 5am to "go to work" instead of taking in all night pub crawls. but i couldnt be happier!
ok, got to go now, its backgammon time with the brasilians.
love, ele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Harri has deposited you some $$. Be frugal!!!
Love you!!
Mimi