Friday, January 9, 2009

La vita e´ bella!

gahh!! ok, i know i havent published the blog on berlin, it is in the works, i proimse. theres alot to say. but now, today, i am making my glorious return to roma, city of life and death and everything in between, and while my heart skips beats when i think of this and what i have to look forward to, i can honestly say that i have never been more terrified in my entire life than i am right now. i am scared to death of going back there, i am scraed to death of taking classes in march, i am scared that i am not going to learn the language right i am scared of being lost and alone i have no idea what or where i am going and all i can do is take deep breaths and review my flash cards and pray that i can remain calm and happy and realize at all times just how blessed i am, and that i am here because i want nothing else, and no fear can take that from me unless i let it. so there. am strong, composed, brilliant woman full of confidence and love and i can do anything i want to do.
so yes. will fly to roma, will take my self out to dinner, will see the pantheon, will go to my friends in trastevere (they say they are only speaking italian to me form here on out, so thats...exciting! will be fine, will be great, cute boys and they have mopeds...)i will walk in the moon light and monday i will go to the farm.
ill find some internet somewhere to blog, but call my phone if you want.
i love you all!! wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Boo-Boo! You can do this!! You're like the modern day Mary Tyler Moore - "Who can turn the world on with a smile? Who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile? Well, it's you girl and you should know it. With each day and every little waaaay you show it...You're gonna make it after all!!!" Do you feel inspired now????
Love ya!
Aunt Keli

Anonymous said...

You will do great!! You will be the Italian Julia Child!! If you weren't a little worried, *I* would worry.
We love and miss you!!
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I married a woman who knows the words to the Mary Tyler Moore theme song, but nevertheless, I'm confident Italian will spring from your lips like it is your native tongue. It's a zen thing.

Uncle Tom

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to feel fear, then take a deep breath and realize that you can do it? That you can defeat fear and move forward and be strong and brave and live life to its fullest. We all know you can and it is great when you realize it too.

Have a great time and keep us posted on all of the wonderful (and not so wonderful) things you are doing. I expect some pics of you covered with mud, or I will not believe you are working on a farm.

Love ya,

Aunt Harri