Monday, September 21, 2009

am alive and well and back in friuli. have been for a while now, but as cormons is technologically behind the rest of the civilized world by about 15 years i havent had any internet with which to let my status of "alive" be known. but i guess everyone figured that no news was good news.
germany was wonderful, as always. lots of Gilmore Girls were watched, lots of late-night chats and good food. the weather was cool and a little rainy and i loved it. marion spoiled me rotten, again. angela was in heaven. the last night there we went out and ate a wonderful turkish meal, lamb with sweet paprika and mint, eggplant and turkish wine. one weird thing that i did there was cut my hair, officially, very short. at first, it looked totally weird. was a little freaked out. is one thing to always wear my hair up in pins away from face and therefore have face framed the same way as now. except in those instances theres the buffer of letting the pins down and actually having something there. now its just like, this void where no hair is. theres nothing to do on a bad hair day, no other options. will have to invest in a hat. anyway, was trying for a few days to come to terms with it. it wasnt until i got to FLs house, where his mom who use to be a hairdresser has a stash of hair products, that i began to experiment and, yes, trim a bit, and use some mousse, and now, honestly, my hair is totally adorable. i am adorable. FL cant keep his hands off the back of my neck, and when i wake up in the morning and look at myself in the bathroom mirror i laugh because i look so ridiculous, but in a good way. anyway, will grow out soon.
am running around like a maniac this week trying to get papers finished, documents certified, things at UGA squared away which, long distance, is not so easy, and a permit of stay renewed. chaos. have angela here now to tag along so i have some company. she, by the way, is hitting the road for spain on thursday. after piemonte she decided that maybe the farming scene wasnt so much her thing. none of the farms in calabria were responding to our emails anyway, and we heard all these horror stories about WWOOFers in sicily. i have made an Important Life Decision and have decided to find a job in Cormons\Friuli, which means that i cant be scampering off to southern italy for weeks at a time. so, while i stay in my darling little town with my darling pair of dimples and hopefully find a job nannying or at a vineyard or something (am posting up flyers and everything, and the whole town is backing me, ears all perked for opportunities), shes gonna go dancing in barcelona. tutto a posto!
so, thats all for now. wish me luck on the job hunt!
e

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ceres....I'm sure your hair looks adorable!! Good luck with your job hunting but we'd love to have you home!! We love you
xxxx Mimi

Anonymous said...

I knew you were gonna stay!

Anonymous said...

Keep me informed. I am so eager to hear about your situation. So far I can read the lines that everything is okay??? Love you
m