Friday, September 26, 2008

oh my god. as i was walking to class this morning, listening to REM and chomping on some minty gum, i felt something hard start to roll around on my tongue. turns out it was a piece of my bottom right molar (third from back). i tongued my tooth and there is now a hole big enough to put the tip of my tongue in! i have no idea how in the world this happened.
emailed the terribly unhelpful people at my school asking for the name of a doctor. no reply.
"call simone," my mom suggested, "he may know someone".
so i did. i said, "ciao, simone...i need a little help".
"oh god," he sighed, "are you in jail?"
"no, no, i just broke off a part of my tooth and now my gum is exposed"
so simone said that he would call around and get back to me. v. helpful, sweet boy.

on a lighter note...
since i have been in udine i have been stared at as though i were a freak for wearing flip flops. i think these people think that it is colder then it actually is, and there is an Absolutely No Open-Toed Shoes Allowed rule, only v expensive marc by marc jacobs flats and prada pumps and chuck taylors or similar. for two weeks i have been defiant though, and worn my flip flops because my feet are not use to being covered and i got horrid, bloody blisters on my heels when i tried to wear my tennis shoes. so, anyway, i deduced that feet are like boobs here, because they are absolutely always covered and people always stare at me when i walk by. inevitable. i just try to keep my toes nicely painted. so anyway, i had this theory about toes being exotic body parts to the boys of udine, and then yesterday, my theory was totally proven right! i was walking home and this boy on a bike rode up beside me. he started telling me something in italian and, as per usual, i stopped him mid-sentence, telling him not to bother, no parlo italiano, etc. he said "oh, im sorry. you speak english. well, i just wanted to make it aware that you have toes of beauty." i just laughed and thanked him, and he peddled off.
oh! simone just called. he said to come to his office and we would try to call a dentist. thank heavens.
bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have toe's of beauty! That is so funny. An Italian could only get away with saying that. Sorry about your tooth. I hope its not to painful and you get it fixed soon.

Love
Angela