Friday, September 26, 2008

simone is an angel. his only payment for calling a dentist and making me an appointment was the cost of getting to look at the gaping hole in my molar. he was intrigued.
so now i have an appointment monday at noon. ill have to miss an hour of italian class, but i think ill be ok.
simone also told me about another food and wine festival this weekend, in goizia, which is a city about 30km from here. there is a big castle and the festival will have food from all of the border countries, including austria, slovania, and france. he said it should be wonderful, so i am going to go tomorrow.
i am starving, so i am going to go have lunch and be careful to only chew on the left side of my crippled mouth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"The first time I went to the dentist Simone went with me and did most of the talking. The second and third times I went alone, and found that I did a fine job all by myself.
I told her that when I had five years I had worn a fence in my mouth, and continued, asking such hard hitting questions as 'If a tooth budges today, will he be able to stay in tomorrow?' and 'Are mine the most sick teeth you have seen in a lifetime?'"


SPEAK ITALIAN! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE THERE!

Anonymous said...

Simone sound like a great guy. Sorry to hear about your tooth. Maybe you shouldn't speak Italian when it comes to your health or your teeth. There's no telling what they might do to you. Good luck! Coop thought it was cool that you ate the snails. He said he would have tried them with you if he had been there. Me, not so much...Have fun......Love, AK