Saturday, August 23, 2008

aha!


have figured out how to upload pictures. they're on my facebook page for now, till i can set up some sort of photobucket (?), so if anyone wants to see them email me and ill give you my password and stuff. i have nothing to hide.
now that i know i can get them onto the computer i can take lots more, so from now on will be top photographer documenting roman days and nights.

i left the apartment finally this morning after it was apparent that i wouldnt go back to sleep. i wandered down to a little cafe that over looks campo dei fiori. it was full of locals out for their early saturday morning cappucinos, reading the papers and chatting loudly, ignoring the man soulfully playing the violin for tips.
usually im quick to grab my coffee go, as is customary on early mornings when running through hot corner on the way to school. but i had nothing to do,and was nice and cool, and everyone seemed so at ease that i sat down and read my book and watched people pass by and lustfully eyed the beautiful italian man in front of me (white linen shirt with the sleeves rolledup...marlboro 27s and black ray bans...reading the economist...). was such a beautiful morning.
going to take a shower, as am a complete mess due to heat in the apartment...makes me drip with sweat all night...will wander over to trastevere for lunch and then explore a little. am seriously not going to let myself take a nap today,as i think the only way to get on a proper schedule is to exhaust myself until late at night and wake up at a (more) normal hour e.g. 10am, instead of sleeping till midnight and then being awak till the early morning.
t.t.f.n.!

No comments: