Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FL has requested that I find some of my favorite country songs to transfer to his Ipod. I have so far downloaded the following:
-Brooks and Dunn: My Maria and Brand New Man
-Travis Tritt: Country Club, I'm Gonna be Somebody, and Take it Easy (I love love love his version, but I abhor the Eagles).
-Randy Travis: Deeper Than the Holler
-George Strait: Amarillo by Morning (I think my very favorite of all time)

At $1.29 a pop I have to be choosy, but I could go on forever with my country music. ooh, also just remembered about Tom Petty.

I am not sure exactly what is going on with me, physically. My body is exhausted and confused, still. Could hardly move out of bed today, and felt sort of weepy and sick. FL came home from work to find me still wrapped up under the covers, my stomach growling, my eyes sore. I almost cried I was so happy to see him. I think there's a number of factors contributing to my all-over exhaustion- time change and life change and PMS and too-hot motorcycle rides and too much drink. Another thing FL thought of is: caffeine withdrawal. I haven't had so much as more than a handful of espresso shots since I arrived, and an espresso doesn't hold a candle to a giant mug of "American coffee", which i consumed regularly at home. We went to the big grocery store last night, way out in Gradisca, sort of a Wal-Mart-type place. It sells fresh baked bread and other foods, motor oil, cooking utensils, romance novels- but I was shocked to discover that it also sells coffee makers. Real, American drip coffee makers, and fresh ground Colombian medium roast, to boot! Now's not the time for such a purchase, but the countdown for our house move-in date has begun, so it won't be too long off.
Carpaccio last night, with arugula and lemon, mushroom risotto on the side. Tonight, thick-cut filet of (more) beef, more arugula, more lemon. Got to go to my favorite butcher, Bonnelli, down the road, and put my steaks in the basket of my bike, pedal home. It is almost autumn here, almost time for a sweater. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Mom said...

include some old country classics from Pasty Cline (any), George Strait (All my Ex's Live in Texas), Tammy (Stand by Your Man), Willie (Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain), Roger Miller (King of the Road), Flatt & Scruggs (Foggy Mountain Breakdown), etc.

Hope you feel better.

xxoo